GOVERNMENT RESUME SAMPLES > TRAFFIC ENGINEER RESUME SAMPLE
195 12th Street
Lewiston, ID 12345
(555) 555-5190 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety-oriented and diligent Traffic Engineer with 11 years of significant experience in Municipal and City Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning, and adept knowledge of traffic safety and improvement programs. Exceptionally knowledgeable in the areas of urban transportation planning, traffic budget estimation, public administration, traffic control system design, signal & marking systems, transit operations and pedestrian requirements. Deep understanding of traffic engineering principles and practices and the operation of electrical traffic signal controllers and peripheral equipment, and technical solutions to traffic engineering problems. Huge exposure and skilled in preparing reliable plans and reports, handling transportation projects, managing public works construction materials & methods, and assessing traffic engineering needs. Effective and coherent while communicating technical information verbally to peers, committee members, and other interested parties. Able to establish and maintain productive working relationships with consultants, developers, elected officials, community representatives, and federal & state agencies encountered in the course of work.
TRAFFIC ENGINEER 10/2014 – Present
City of Idaho Falls – Municipal Services
Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Spearhead the Traffic Engineering Capital Improvements Section and the Traffic Maintenance Engineering Section in the Traffic Services Division while managing training and administration department.
- Investigating and preparing engineering recommendations as per traffic patterns to improve traffic control, reduce accidents, and increase ease of flow and safety in problem areas.
- Supervising the Signal Section, Sign and Pavement Marking Section and Engineering Section to ensure all project assignments are completed on schedule.
- Establishing specifications and cost estimates for transportation development projects funded under the Surface Transportation Program, Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality programs.
- Recommending effective rules and regulations on various traffic issues taken to the Mayor’s Traffic Safety Committee and resolved various traffic issues promptly.
ASSISTANT CITY TRAFFIC ENGINEER 08/2012 – 09/2014
City of Boise, Idaho
- Directed the activities of the Traffic Engineering Services unit of the Transportation Department and evaluated equipment and facilities to be compliant with operating and safety standards.
- Coordinated with City employees, vendors, management, contractors, and public officials to complete traffic engineering contracts on time within proposed budget.
- Assessed traffic and highway operations on key corridors and intersections and conducted traffic engineering corridor and intersection studies.
- Administered traffic studies to observe and record data of dangerous traffic sites while preparing council reports, ordinances and memos with supporting data.
- Provided training and policy guidance to other engineers and design professionals and managed the accident reduction and traffic safety program.
MUNICIPAL TRAFFIC ENGINEER 11/2009 – 07/2012
Traffic Planning and Design, Inc.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Reviewed and approved municipal subdivision and land development applications, traffic impact and circulation studies, and zoning ordinances.
- Produced specifications, plans and construction schedules for street lights, traffic signals, work zone traffic controls, ITS infrastructure and intersection improvements.
- Organized municipal meetings to discuss traffic calming program and neighborhood issues with municipal staff, elected officials and local citizens.
- Programmed highway capital improvement project to address safety hazards and congested operations in accordance with municipal traffic guidelines.
- Responded to all enquiries and correspondence from Councilors, the community, RMS, NSW Police Service and other public authorities in a courteous manner.
JUNIOR TRAFFIC ENGINEER 01/2007 – 10/2009
Ada County – Public Works, Idaho
- Supported Traffic Technicians and the Traffic Engineer in various traffic engineering activities according to established procedures.
- Documented work orders for traffic installation, signal maintenance and control devices as outlined in developed plans.
- Collected and computed various types of vehicular and pedestrian traffic flow and control data for installing traffic control devices.
- Calculated computer signal system parameter values based on measured data, and submitted the results to Traffic Technicians.
TRAFFIC ASSISTANT 06/2005 – 12/2006
Idaho Trucking Association
- Prepared signing and pavement marking based on Traffic Engineer’s instruction following City standards.
- Recorded fire pre-emption and signal control data, and simulation configuration data for Traffic Technicians.
- Received traffic, parking, parade, and race related public inquiries through letters, phones, and front counter.
Bachelor’s Degree in Traffic Engineering
University of Idaho
2001 – 2004
Associate Degree in Civil Engineering
North Idaho College
Coeur d’Alene, ID
1998 – 2000
- Active member, Idaho Traffic Engineering Association
- Active member, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials