GOVERNMENT RESUME SAMPLES > POLICE OFFICER RESUME SAMPLE
625 24th Main Street
Los Angeles, CA 12345
(555) 555-5190 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dedicated and Veteran Law Enforcement professional with over fifteen years in law enforcement with extensive experience in providing community safety, enforcing the laws, maintaining the peace, decreasing crime rates, assisting citizens, investigating accidents and conducting routine patrols. Demonstrated proficiency in emergency procedures related to control, containment and confinement; principles of law enforcement administration; investigative procedures and practices; legal liabilities associated with arrest and law enforcement; court room procedures and laws of evidence. Possess exceptional knowledge of applicable Federal, State, County, and City laws and ordinances and departmental rules and regulations. Ability to analyze situations and adopt quick, effective, and reasonable courses of action with due regard to surrounding hazards and circumstances. Able to deal effectively with people having diverse social and economic backgrounds. Disciplined leader with the proven ability to remain calm and deliver results in high-pressure situations.
City of Orange County
|05/2012 – Present|
- Conducted preliminary investigation of events, related to homicide, rape, robbery, fatal traffic accident, and death/bodies found.
- Evacuated areas endangered by explosive or toxic gases, liquids, or other spilled materials as well as buildings, vehicles and surrounding areas in response to bomb threats.
- Interrogated suspects, interview complainants, witnesses, etc., summarize in writing the statements of witnesses and complainants, and participated in raids and searches.
- Investigated Municipal Ordinance violations, issued Municipal Citations, participated in prosecutions of City cases, and educated citizens to control ordinance violations.
- Prepared reports, citations and summons necessary to charge individuals with violations of ordinances, statutes, and laws including petty, misdemeanor, and felonious offenses.
- Monitored and investigated suspicious persons and situations and unusual activities; instructed suspects on field sobriety tests and used portable equipment to perform tests.
- Minimized the number of lost and delinquent reports by developing and implementing a more effective administrative system.
|POLICE PATROL OFFICER
Los Angeles Police Department
Los Angeles, CA
|06/2009 – 05/2012|
- Patrolled assigned district(s) within the corporate limits to deter illegal activities; protected and preserved the safety and security of individuals, buildings, neighborhoods, and district(s).
- Appeared in municipal, county and district courts to offer credible testimony relative to the investigation and charging of individuals with criminal and non-criminal offenses.
- Prepared a variety of routine and non-routine reports and records necessary information for the reporting of daily activities, reporting of specific criminal and non-criminal incidents.
- Secured and protected crime scenes by establishing boundaries, detaining victims, suspects and witnesses, locating and identifying evidence and briefing investigators upon their arrival.
- Gathered preliminary investigation information as a first responder to crime scenes; participated in multi-jurisdictional intelligence gathering andsuppression operations.
- Coordinated with outside law enforcement jurisdictions and agencies necessary for the continuing investigation of cases, suspects, and/or to gather criminal intelligence data.
- Communicated with court officials, social workers, and agencies etc., in the filing of charges, the deferral of sentencing, the placement of juveniles in alternatives, the Children’s Code.
|LATERAL POLICE OFFICER
Carlsbad Police Department
|03/2006 – 05/2009|
- Maintained security, and law and order of residential and business establishments in the assigned area through vigilant surveillance.
- Conducted investigations regarding reported criminal activities and booked suspected criminals.
- Detected crime spots and carried out investigation to collect information regarding crimes; utilized modern methods and techniques to collect crime evidences.
- Interviewed persons with complaints and inquiries and attempts to make the proper disposition or direct them to proper authorities.
- Participated in investigating criminal law violations occurring within the City limits, obtaining evidence and compiling information regarding these crimes.
- Responded to emergency radio calls and investigated accidents, robberies, civil disturbances, domestic disputesand other misdemeanors and felonies.
|PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital
Los Angeles, CA
|09/2004 – 02/2006|
- Patrolled campus premises to prevent entry of unauthorized persons for security purposes, regulate traffic, control crowds, prevent crime, or arrest violators.
- Responds to crimes in progress, initiating actions such as aid to victims and interrogation of suspects.
- Communicated with local and county police to create security for high profile events on campus.
- Oversaw surveillance cameras and radio traffic, and assisted in the detainment and arrest of several dangerous individuals.
- Prepared written case reports and investigated on-campus vehicle accidents and incidents related to violation of institutional regulations.
- Collaborated with police and fire departments during emergencies, and with post-event investigations.
|COURT SECURITY DEPUTY SHERIFF
Los Angeles County Superior Court
|04/2001 – 08/2004|
- Monitored court entrance/exit positions and conducted screenings of incoming individuals, packages and personal items using X-ray scanners, metal detectors and visual detection.
- Controlled individuals who attempt an attack or assault against the judge, court personnel, or litigants, and other parties appearing in a courtroom.
- Prepared and maintained a wide variety of departmental records and reports in compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Assisted the District Attorney’s office in preparing presentation of testimony and/or evidence; responded to subpoena by attending court trials and providing court testimony as required.
- Assisted in providing prisoner transports, courtroom security, investigated and enforced child support court orders/directives.
- Operated a motor vehicle for transporting prisoners to various locations and is responsible for the care, custody, and security of prisoners while being transported to various locations.
Allied Barton Security Services
|09/1998 – 03/2001|
- Identified suspicious activities and guarded against illegal actions such as violence, threats, thefts, criminal behavior, and regulation breaches.
- Provided a safe/secure environment for the company by enforcing security regulations and watching for unusual events in assigned areas.
- Managed and performed actions required to secure an environment such as patrols, investigations, active presence and operation of security equipment.
- Investigated clients’ complaints or potential criminal behavior, and investigated thefts and criminal misconduct by questioning individuals involved in specific incidents.
- Coordinated with the Police and Fire Departments and responded to all emergency situations as needed or directed by policy.
Bachelor’s Degree in Law Enforcement Services
California State University, Long Beach, CA
1995 – 1998
Associate’s Degree, Law Enforcement
Willow Community College, New Parkland, CA
1993 – 1995
TRAINING & CERTIFICATION:
Police officer training course San Diego 2000
Certified in CPR and First Aid
Texas Security Guard Training Certificate
Active Member, National Association of Police Organizations
Volunteer, Police Foundation
Past Vice President, National Association of Police Organizations
HONORS & AWARDS:
National Law Enforcement Officer of the Year 2006