GOVERNMENT RESUME SAMPLES > LIBRARY DIRECTOR RESUME SAMPLE
312 18th Street
Plano, TX 12345
(555) 555-5190 | email@example.com
Motivated and established City Appraiser with huge experience in executing real and personal property assessment and valuation and building cost estimation. Outstanding ability to estimate market value for commercial properties and highly knowledgeable in real estate appraising fundamentals and property tax laws and regulations. Exceptionally skilled in accurate measurement and data entry of real estate improvements combined with mathematical calculations relating to building construction and real estate appraising. Strong computer knowledge in Microsoft Office programs especially with word processing and spreadsheets. Extremely capable of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers, city personnel, contractors, realtors and property owners. Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, and trust while fostering commitment and team spirit within the team.
DIRECTOR OF LIBRARY OPERATIONS 10/2014 – Present
Milwaukee Public Library, Wisconsin
- Managing the development and implementation of Library goals and practices while ensuring Board objectives are integrated into Library policies.
- Directing the operations of the Milwaukee library system while providing recommendations and making decisions on specific and complex problems.
- Advocating library staff in preparing the annual Library operating budget, including revenue and expenditure history analysis and future projections.
- Preparing financial and statistical reports and budgets for the Milwaukee Public Library Board of Trustees in accordance with library’s regulations.
- Spearheading a service-focused team in the selection, acquisition, licensing, cataloging and processing of library materials in all selected languages and formats.
- Recruiting prospective library staff and overseeing the training and orientation of new staff members and assigning suitable job responsibilities.
ASSISTANT LIBRARY DIRECTOR 06/2012 – 09/2014
Kenosha County Library System
- Developed the annual library budget proposal for review by the library board and monitored expenditures consistent with budget and available funds.
- Framed policies in relation to the selection and purchase of all library materials and maintained Library’s collection and management system efficiently.
- Oversaw the library’s development plan and procured library supplies, materials, and equipment from authorized vendors in accordance with that plan.
- Administered the cataloging and classification of library materials in all selected languages and all formats based on national standards, including original cataloging
- Prepared agendas, reports and discussion items for scheduled Board meetings in cooperation with the library board president.
- Represented the library on community boards and committees and coordinated departmental activities with outside agencies, community organizations, and the media.
LIBRARY MANAGER 05/2010 – 05/2012
County of Madison Public Library
- Strategized and executed long-range planning for the library to improve internal functions and delivery of services to the community.
- Purchased computer systems, stationary supplies and equipment from the allocated library budget with the approval of Library Board.
- Assisted in the development and administration of the library’s annual capital and operating budgets and notified huge expenditures to Board President.
- Supervised the public library building to ensure safety and cleanliness and managing library computer system and equipment within the library.
- Fostered and developed the habit of reading while contributing to the expansion and development programs of the Madison County library.
PUBLIC LIBRARIAN 03/2008 – 04/2010
- Promoted library services through outreach activities such as school and community visits and conducted instructional tours of library facilities.
- Responded to patron questions following library policy and enhanced the reputation of the library as a public service organization.
- Provided opportunities for public to use the library for various purposes, including project research, individual investigation and personal inquiry.
- Coded and classified books, publications, films, audiovisual aids, and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library classification systems.
- Maintained open membership and communication with organizations for the success and advancement of services provided in the library.
SCHOOL LIBRARIAN 01/2006 – 02/2008
Clement Avenue Public School
- Collected and maintained books, audio/video DVDs and supplement resources appropriate to the curriculum, the learners, and instructional strategies of the school community.
- Fostered a creative and flexible environment that encouraged students to use the school library as an essential part of the learning community.
- Communicated with students and teachers and provided 24/7 access to library services including a school library web page.
- Arranged the effective retrieval by systematic indexing, classification and cataloguing of all library resources and disseminating information on those resources to staff and pupils.
- Assisted in developing and monitoring program budget and participated in writing and administering grants.
LIBRARY ASSISTANT 05/2004 – 12/2003
Lowell Elementary School, Wisconsin
- Performed basic library functions at the circulation desk including registering borrowers, issuing library cards, explaining library policies and procedures.
- Assisted users in locating books, journals, research articles and audio books while collecting and recording fines from defaulters.
- Sorted and organized incoming materials as per library procedures and entered details into the library computer system.
Master’s Degree in Library Science
Concordia University Wisconsin
2001 – 2003
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Studies
1997 – 2000
- Chartered Membership of CILIP (Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals).
- Wisconsin Public Library Consortium, Active Member
- American Library Association, Active Member