GOVERNMENT RESUME SAMPLES > FINANCE DIRECTOR RESUME SAMPLE
103 65th Street
Norman, OK 12345
(555) 555-5190 | email@example.com
Highly qualified accounting and financial executive with more than 22 years of progressive career especially in finance and operations management ranging from newly formed to well-established multi-million organizations. Demonstrated ability in Business Planning & Analysis, Budgeting, Ad hoc Analysis, P&L Management, Merger & Acquisitions and Investor Relations. In-depth knowledge and skills in conceptualizing and implementing financial policies and procedures including working capital management, internal financial controls, and project financing and costing. Proven ability to improve operations, impact business growth & maximize profits through contributions in financial management, cost reductions & productivity improvements. Adept in providing leadership and direction in continuously improving business performance in a sustainable way and developing strategy, approach, content and structure. Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and capable of resolving multiple & complex issues coupled with motivating junior subordinates to peak performance.
|CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER/ DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Oklahoma Development Finance Authority, Oklahoma
|11/2012 – Present|
- Directing finance team of 40 members including Controllership, Business Operations, Decision Support, Financial Planning & Analysis, Sales Reporting within 450 employee region.
- Partnering with Vice President – Finance to develop annual and quarterly budgets for organization’s national $5.0 billion operating cost and budget.
- Strategizing and framing a highly potential finance team to drive disciplined growth and strengthen controls, scale infrastructure for growth, and build shared service center within the low cost center.
- Supervising and assisting the team of seven finance associates in financial planning, accounting, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity, annual budget, reporting and SOX controls.
- Spearheading overall Finance Functions and directing the transformation of Business & Financial outlook; driving business commercials and growth strategies including expansions, new projects, cost management, plant efficiencies, market growth, and risk management.
- Managing annual & quarterly forecasts for OTC organization; performed value added analysis on risks and opportunities and presented options to executives that delivered revenues and profits.
|BUDGET AND FINANCE DIRECTOR
City of Elk City, Oklahoma
|10/2007 – 03/2012|
- Investigated and analyzed opportunities for reducing cost within the business, thereby creating a saving of $175K and actively championed this within the senior management team.
- Monitors budget allocations, expenditures, fund balances and related financial activities for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate, revenues are recorded, expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
- Managed relationships with venture capitalists, accounting firms, law firms and banks as well as oversaw financial infrastructure support such as financial systems, procedures, personnel and policies.
- Implemented and monitored financial policies for effective compliance in the business and responsible for institutionalizing financial controls for effective cash flow management.
- Provided useful insights in monthly board report executive summaries through detail write-ups on company’s financial health and future forecast to set up the stage for monthly exec business meetings
- Designed business plans / strategies for maximizing profitability, addressing major strategic issues that can have an impact on the company’s long-term future in terms of either expansion or divestment.
|VICE PRESIDENT – FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS
YMCA of Greater Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
|08/2002 – 09/2007|
- Directed the financial planning & analysis team supporting Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer while assisting with management reporting which includes financial review, President’s report and executive committee meeting.
- Minimized $25 million in labor and infrastructure cost and transferred employees from 25% low cost to 80% by relocating the operations and technology development to Indian and Philippines.
- Analyzed the financial and business plans for the development of a new product launch strategy across the country; provided financial analysis for multiple business lines of total revenue approximately $80 million for existing and new product development.
- Strategized with cross-functional teams to build SKU-level P&Ls using a designed enhanced process by matching the accuracy and timelines of P&L delivery.
- Monitored Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in monthly results and created Risk/ Opportunity charts in the forecasting process in order to identify deviations from annual budgets.
|SENIOR MANAGER – ADMINISTRATION & FINANCE
The City of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
|09/1999 – 07/2002|
- Supervised all regular accounting functions for operating and capital campaign activities, including: supervision of staff performing the daily accounting functions; monthly, quarterly, and annual closing of the general ledger.
- Managed all fiscal reporting, contract reviews, and agreement renewals with government agencies, private foundations, and corporations to ensure accuracy and compliance with funding guidelines.
- Advised senior staff, executive director, and board of directors in implementation of strategies to maintain and improve fiscal condition and strengthen capacity for additional growth.
- Provided regular and comprehensive analysis and reporting of total agency and departmental budgets with careful consideration of key financial indicators.
- Provided financial services, managed several operational projects and identified opportunities to reduce costs and maximize profitability; developed qualified Annual Business Plan based on detailed analysis of previous and forecasted business performance.
|CONTROLLER – FINANCE DEPARTMENT
City of Moore, Oklahoma
|05/1996 – 08/1999|
- Oversaw the operations of Cash management, Pacific Maritime Association (PMA) 401k Plan, Payroll Department, Accounting Department, Accounts Payable Department and daily cash receipts & wires for accounts receivable.
- Reviewed monthly reconciliations of accounts analysis, Fixed Assets, Income Statement Trend analysis and consolidated nine PMA subsidiaries for balance sheet and P & L statement with Earnings before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA).
- Implemented and managed an ERP System (Enterprise Resource Planning), which generates product line cost/variance information and updates forecasting model.
- Generated and administered significant cost/working capital reductions, maximized the corresponding cash flow and Return on Net Assets (RONA).
- Reorganized and implemented working capital reduction programs resulting in significant reductions in inventory and accounts receivable levels.
|MANAGER – FINANCIAL OPERATIONS
City of Norman, Oklahoma
|02/1994 – 05/1996|
- Supervised all aspects of the budget process for all programs and operations; prepared financial reporting to donors including corporations, foundations, private donors and domestic governmental agencies.
- Designed financial implementation plans of grants by coordinating objectives of five program directors, 13 country directors, finance department, and donors in the development of budgets for all programs and agency departments.
- Analyzed and initiated modifications to the annual operational budget of $24 million and maintained accurate records of all modifications to various program and individual grant budgets.
- Collaborated with department heads, program directors, development officers, and principal investigators in the creation and management of budgets for all departments, programs, and activities.
- Administered all agency accounting processes including bank reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, field advances, cash draw-downs, and all related banking activity.
|FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Oklahoma Municipal League, Oklahoma
|02/1990 – 12/1993|
- Produced monthly financial statements including balance sheet, profit/loss statements, and accumulative general ledger using a computer-based accounting system.
- Managed a variety of fiscal and accounting functions pertaining to areas such as general accounting, accounts payable, payroll, auditing, bond administration, treasury management, and financial reporting.
- Negotiated and managed employee Healthcare Insurance annually as well as built employee FSA accounts for each year and processed new hire employees with New Hire Checklist forms.
- Processed payroll for over 250 local and nationwide temporary employees and contractors on a weekly basis, while maintaining databases for over 30 national recruiting agencies.
City of Moore, Oklahoma
|02/1988 – 12/1989|
- Analyzed payment cycles and researched solutions for any potential delays in payments and adjusted invoicing methods to meet the specific needs of the client.
- Reconciled local and national databases for gross-to-net payroll, gross-to-net invoicing, employee reimbursements, and payments received on a weekly basis.
- Prepared wire transfers to fund the paychecks/ACH deposits, the 401(k) and executive deferred compensation plans, and the flexible spending/dependent care plans.
Master of Science – Business Administration and Finance
University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
1981 – 1983
Bachelor of Science – Finance and Accounting
University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK
1977 – 1980
Certified Financial Management (CFM) – American Academy of Financial Management
Certified Management Accountant (CMA) – Institute of Management Accountants
- Active member, American Academy of Financial Management
- Volunteer & Donor, Bethel Foundation (Non-profit organization)
- Former VP, American Economic Association
- Board of Directors, Association for Financial Professionals