GOVERNMENT RESUME SAMPLES > CITY APPRAISER RESUME SAMPLE
312 18th Street
Plano, TX 12345
(555) 555-5190 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Motivated and established City Appraiser with huge experience in executing real and personal property assessment and valuation and building cost estimation. Outstanding ability to estimate market value for commercial properties and highly knowledgeable in real estate appraising fundamentals and property tax laws and regulations. Exceptionally skilled in accurate measurement and data entry of real estate improvements combined with mathematical calculations relating to building construction and real estate appraising. Strong computer knowledge in Microsoft Office programs especially with word processing and spreadsheets. Extremely capable of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers, city personnel, contractors, realtors and property owners. Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, and trust while fostering commitment and team spirit within the team.
SENIOR CITY APPRAISER 05/2014 – Present
City of Fort Worth, Texas
Fort Worth, Texas
- Assist City Assessor in the property appraisal process and preparing sales ratio studies for city, county and state equalization meetings.
- Develop appraisal conclusions by inspecting residential, private and commercial properties and evaluating property tax records and relevant data.
- Identify and verify the ownership of taxable property, including reviewing information about the transfer of property to ensure accuracy.
- Appeal Personal Property Values by researching and responding to “Change of Value Notices” and “Payment under Protests”.
- Communicate assessed values to property owners while coordinating appraisal reviews and defending appealed assessments at public hearings.
- Propose recommendations for Board of Tax Appeals on Tax Exemption and Tax Grievance applications and allocate values for non-filing properties.
CITY APPRAISER 02/2012 – 04/2014
Travis County, Texas
- Assessed residential and non-complex commercial properties through field inspection, structural measurement, market trends and sales analysis.
- Evaluated real property sales data and conducted property rental and maintenance expense surveys to determine current market trends.
- Collected data for appraisal by visually inspecting property, measuring and sketching all improvements, listing all components of buildings.
- Researched building permit records in revaluation areas, sales and tax/assessment rolls and maintained current data on each parcel assessed.
- Correlated data and completed regular reports of final appraisal judgments while preparing activity and progress reports of assigned work.
- Prepared and reviewed appraisal reports for commercial real estate using property’s physical and economic features and provide necessary recommendations.
APPRAISER II 06/2009 – 01/2012
City National Bank, Texas
National Bank, Texas
- Appraised a wide variety of real property including urban, rural, commercial, and farm property for tax assessment purposes.
- Inspected the construction materials, structural quality and construction methods to calculate the fair market value of the property.
- Maintained the assessment rolls with assessed values and the status of all property in a municipality and issued notices of assessment increases.
- Perform real estate appraisals of less complicated properties to facilitate the timely reassessment of the City.
- Verified basic information of buyers, sellers, and sales prices and advised necessary corrections as required.
PROPERTY APPRAISER 08/2007 – 05/2009
Texas State Board of Equalization
- Appraised real and personal property for tax assessment purposes using the cost, market and income approaches.
- Clarified public queries by explaining appraisal methodology, legal requirements, regulations, and procedures of the appraisal process.
- Reviewed estimated market values provided by the Assessor’s Office Valuation Systems and finalized property values.
- Provided detailed and accurate information regarding legal descriptions, lot sizes, property values, estimated taxes, and improvements.
- Attended hearings of the Land Value Appraisal Commission to observe the procedure and requirements of a Property Appraiser.
JUNIOR PROPERTY APPRAISER 04/2005 – 07/2007
Bowie County, Texas
New Boston, Texas
- Prepared cost schedules, depreciation tables, and land value guides for the purpose of property appraisals.
- Estimated construction costs and depreciation while assembling and analyzing sales and income data relating to real properties.
- Calculated real estate tax estimates as requested by County Assessor, property owners and the public.
- Reconciled reported costs for all tangible property items owned or used by state assessor.
REAL ESTATE APPRAISER TRAINEE 05/2004 – 10/2005
- Verified data and inventory on properties and gathered data on real estate property.
- Assisted in preparing appraisal reports for buyers, sellers, mortgage companies and realtors.
- Performed site visits while analyzing building and site plans.
Bachelor of Arts in Real Estate
Texas State University
San Marcos, TX
2000 – 2003
Associate Degree in Real Estate
Dallas County Community College
1998 – 2000
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Residential Real Property Appraiser
- Texas Real Estate License