GOVERNMENT RESUME SAMPLES > COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR RESUME SAMPLE
520 11th Street
St. Louis, MO 12345
(555) 555-5190 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Goal-oriented and innovative Community Development Executive with 16 years of hands-on experience in urban and rural community planning supported with profound knowledge of municipal zoning and infrastructure, and planning programs and processes. Extremely competent in budgeting large scale department projects, planning advanced marketing techniques and addressing economic growth/land development issues. Deep understanding of local, state and federal grant regulations, ordinances and compliance requirements associated with Public Administration and Land Use Planning. Well equipped in developing realistic plans and recommendations while able to recognize Town-wide priorities. Remarkable ability to coordinate with other divisions like Finance Department, Building Services Division and the City Manager’s Office and to collaborate with diverse groups to meet community needs. Always, lead by example demonstrating a high degree of honesty, integrity and professionalism and commitment to excellent service.
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT 08/2013 – Present
City of Independence, Missouri
- Administering the Comprehensive Plan and Land Development projects and draft code provisions to correct deficiencies with new regulations.
- Implementing effectual programs of the Economic Development Commission that promotes the growth and retention of a vital economy.
- Strengthening the economic viability within the City by building and maintaining good relationship with private businesses and public agencies.
- Creating and maintaining an inventory of vacancies in commercial and industrial properties and developing strategies to control additional resources hiring.
- Supervising various City development activities to ensure they are proceeding on schedule by complying with Federal and State ordinances and laws.
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR 06/2010 – 07/2013
City of St. Charles, Missouri
St. Charles, Missouri
- Developed new policies to control community development issues and conducted assessments, cost/benefit and feasibility analysis prior to project endorsement.
- Provided technical advice to the Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, Design Review Board and City Council on planning and zoning matters.
- Directed department personnel and coordinated marketing strategies to achieve long and short range development goals outlined by the Economic Development Plan.
- Prepared grant proposals and applications, contracts and other essential documents required for completing community services.
- Examined project plans and proposals to ensure compliance with zoning by-laws and ordinances and consistency with the Municipal Master Plan.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT MANAGER 07/2007 – 05/2010
St. Louis County, Missouri
- Collaborated with other Department and Town staff to address prevailing issues related to infrastructure, zoning, conservation and development.
- Developed and administered the budget for the Department of Economic Development ensuring financial accountability with regulatory compliance.
- Approved requisition and purchase orders for Town development and executed key aspects of the Town’s Master Plan.
- Conducted Development Review Team (DRT) meetings with Town staff and coordinated the technical review of development projects.
- Served as a Chairperson for the City’s Interdepartmental Development Review Team to evaluate large development projects.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER 01/2005 – 06/2007
City of Pine Lawn, Missouri
Pine Lawn, Missouri
- Supervised a team of volunteers and community centers including local people and financial resources to ensure effective delivery of services.
- Built relationships and networks with residents and community groups to encourage their participation in local activities and projects.
- Provided policy advice and recommendations to City Hall on appropriate initiatives, issues and legislation relevant to community development.
- Investigated innovative models of service provision and identified priority initiatives for potential funding sources for community needs.
- Supported community activities and programs to foster social connectedness and created awareness among associations and individuals in the community.
TOWN DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR 09/2001 – 12/2004
St. Peters Economic Development Board
St. Peters, Missouri
- Coordinated day-to-day operations of Economic Development Department activities, including Town’s business recruitment and retention.
- Evaluated operations of assigned programs such as entrepreneurial training programs, Town television station shows and Leadership Academy
- Collected essential data by interviewing clients and community members while gathering and compiling statistics, and facilitating focus groups.
- Assisted in developing and monitoring program budget and participated in writing and administering grants.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT 06/1999 – 08/2001
City of St. Louis
St. Louis, Missouri
- Monitored activity of department to ensure all forms and reports are completed by deadline and recorded information into computer system.
- Notified head of department regarding budget status by preparing and maintaining accurate and up-to-date budget records.
- Verified invoices for the raised purchases upon delivery of goods and services and prepared purchase requests for approval.
- Assisted the Executive Clerk with scheduling and maintenance of the Mayor’s calendar and scheduling of events.
Master’s Degree in Urban Planning
University of Central Missouri
1996 – 1998
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration
Missouri Baptist University
St. Louis, MO
1992 – 1995
- Active member, Community Development Society (CDS)
- Executive Member, National Community Development Association (NCAD)
- Former Vice President, Missouri Association of Community and Economic Development Extension Professionals