GOVERNMENT RESUME SAMPLES > CITY CLERK RESUME SAMPLE
352 24th Street
St Charles, MO 12345
(555) 555-5190 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Multi-skilled and resourceful Administrative Clerk with excellent track record of delivering wide variety of high quality clerical services and applying general administrative and departmental policies and procedures to the local municipal/county offices. Possess strong expertise on agendas preparation, minutes preparation, diary management, processing information, maintaining bylaws, record maintenance, supplies management and correspondence handling. Highly capable of managing phone calls, sorting/distributing faxes, letters and emails, organizing meetings and conferences, maintaining financial record keeping and coordinating with City Manager and members of City Council. Possess in-depth working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) along with an urge to learn new software applications. Able to offer exceptional communication, planning, organizational, time management and problem solving skills to demonstrate a phenomenal change in the overall efficiency of the city government.
City of St. Charles, Missouri
|10/2012 – Present|
- Oversee the day-to-day clerical functions of the St. Charles City Clerk’s Office including attending City Council meetings, researching agenda issues, maintaining comprehensive records and administering general and special elections under the direction of the City Manager.
- Serve as the City’s Elections Officer by supervising the issuance and verification of nomination papers, providing information to candidates, and ensuring timely filings as required by the Elections Code.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date filing of City ordinances, agreements, resolutions, and minutes of City Council, commissions, and committees and certified official City documents as needed.
- Initiate a city wide campaign for ensuring inculcation of civic sense among individuals as well as handle and process general public complaints on timely basis which considerably decreased backlog by 35%.
- Research public records and provided information to the public and staff members concerning City Council actions, laws, ordinances, codes, procedures and projects as well as assist in the development and preparation of the annual budget and monitoring of expenditures throughout the year.
- Review state and federal legislation, court decisions, administrative rulings, and related matters to determine if City policies and procedures are in compliance and managed accounts payable, accounts receivable, utility billing, and cash management.
City of Frontenac, Missouri
|08/2009 – 09/2012|
- Administered the City wide records management function, including records retention and destruction; processed claims, summonses, complaints and subpoenas and notified claimants of City Council action.
- Served as the City’s Election Superintendent and Chief Registrar in coordinating elections and complying with Federal and State guidelines and laws on elections and voting rights; supervised processing and issuance of occupational tax placards.
- Recruited, trained, motivated and evaluated City Clerk’s Office personnel by providing staff training, coordinating with employees to correct deficiencies and implementing discipline and termination procedures.
- Managed and participated in the development and administration of the City Clerk budget and directed the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, professional services, equipment, materials and supplies.
- Recommended the development and maintenance of computerized applications and systems; ensured City agreements, contracts, and other legal documents are signed and recorded, associated records and documents are obtained, and public notices and ordinances are published.
- Supervised and coordinated the preparation and distribution of agendas and support materials for City Council and other meetings and attended meetings of the City Council and record minutes.
|ASSISTANT CITY CLERK
City of Independence, Missouri
|10/2005 – 07/2009|
- Oversaw and participated in the administration of the City Clerk’s Office annual budget by participating in the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies and approving expenditures.
- Processed new hire paperwork and provides an orientation session for new employees and/or coordinates with other departments which do these themselves to ensure it is done correctly and uniformly.
- Supported the City Clerk and Elections Specialist in conducting City elections, performing pre-election support functions including instructions to candidates and verifying residency and candidate requirements.
- Assisted City Clerk in organizing and administering the filing of campaign financing statements and reporting; monitored and reviewed filings to insure they are complete and in compliance.
- Granted licenses and permits approved by the City Council by maintaining a record of permits in accordance with the state requirements; maintained files of agreements, City owned vehicles and property, bids, budgets, agenda packets, grants of easements, maps, right of ways and other essential documents.
- Utilized document imaging technology to prepare agenda packets including background material for agenda items as well as managed electronic and hard copy distribution of packet information to the Mayor, Council, City staff, archive, local media and public.
City of Independence, Missouri
|10/2002 – 10/2005|
- Assisted Council members in conducting research of files and records; researches, retrieves, compiles and organizes information as requested.
- Established and maintained files and legal records including general files, correspondence files and assessed project files, proceedings of Council and original legislative journals.
- Assisted in organizing agendas and logistical details for meetings, seminars and workshops, including setting up audio visual equipment, flipcharts etc.
- Performed routine office procedures including photocopying, faxing, collating and distributing documentation and processing mail and proofread correspondence, legislation and reports to ensure accuracy.
Bachelor Degree in Political Science
University of Missouri, Kansas City, MO
2003 – 2005
Associate Degree in Public Relations
St. Louis Community College, St. Louis, MO
1993 – 1995
- Missouri Certified Municipal Clerk
- Notary Public of Missouri commission
- Member, Missouri City Clerks and Finance Officers Association
- Former member, The International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC)
- Active volunteer, Presbyterian Orphanage of Missouri