GOVERNMENT RESUME SAMPLES > CITY ASSESSOR RESUME SAMPLE
184 22nd Street
Stamford, CT 12345
(555) 555-5190 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Results-oriented and self-driven City Assessor with 14 years of progressive experience in the administration of real property appraisal and assessment. In-depth knowledge of state and county laws, codes and regulations governing real property appraisal along with the understanding of mass appraisal methods and techniques. Huge familiarity with modern principles and practices used in property appraisal and sales ratio study and adjustment analysis. Extremely skilled in performing visual inspections, determining value of property, and preparing wide variety of records and reports according to accepted standards. Very effective in communicating orally and in writing, exercising diplomacy in contentious situations, and accommodating in stressful working environment. Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationship and interact tactfully with Town employees, City Council, officials, subordinates and the general public.
CITY ASSESSOR 01/2014 – Present
City of Waterbury, Connecticut
- Provide real estate tax base figures and statistics to determine revenue generated from real estate and per capita and conducted appraisals on major commercial and industrial properties.
- Develop and implement operating procedures and guidelines for the Assessment Department and determine priorities and project schedules.
- Perform physical inspections of industrial, residential, developmental, and personal properties to determine appropriate value using standard methods.
- Conduct reassessment of all the property for the upcoming tax assessment year and prepared annual reports for the City and county commissions.
- Prepare, maintain, and update various spreadsheets, assessment rolls, sales studies and reports, as well as personal property forms and accounts.
- Revise and appraise all new construction for purposes of determining true cash value and establishing new property assessments.
COUNTY ASSESSOR 10/2011 – 12/2013
Fairfield County, Connecticut
- Inspected properties, considering factors such as market value, location, resale value, depreciation, and building/replacement costs to determine appraisal value.
- Gathered information for property appraisal data from property owners, building contractors, real estate agents, attorneys, bankers and public officials.
- Performed field measurements and inspection of residential, commercial and industrial buildings to arrive at correct estimate in accordance with State law.
- Approved applications for property tax exemptions for primary statuses of residential properties and issued notices of assessments and taxes for personal property.
- Maintained Department records, including updating maps, assessment roll, property cards and other related documents.
- Verified information of transfers of property ownership to ensure its accuracy by validating basic information of sales prices and making corrections as necessary.
CHIEF DEPUTY ASSESSOR 09/2008 – 09/2011
New Haven County, Connecticut
New Haven, Connecticut
- Planned and scheduled direct inspections to identify and arrive at correct property values while appraising all real property in the City.
- Examined deeds, maps, building plans and permits to obtain necessary data and secured property information received from bankers, realtors and attorneys.
- Assisted Chief Assessor with detailed written appraisals for court appearances and Board of Taxation relating to property values and defense of values.
- Utilized appropriate appraising techniques and established guidelines to determine the market value of properties.
- Maintained property inspection cards, legal descriptions, maps, and property ownership records in a safe and secured manner.
DEPUTY ASSESSOR 10/2005 – 08/2008
Town of Scotland, Connecticut
- Discovered and value all real and personal property within the Town of Scotland in accordance with the Connecticut General Statutes.
- Conducted regular inspections and reviews of property within jurisdictions to determine changes in property due to construction or demolition.
- Analyzed trends in sales prices, construction costs, and rents, to assess property values and determine the accuracy of assessments.
- Reconciled compiled data, checking figures for accuracy, making reports, and preparing and adjusting special assessment rolls and tax rolls.
- Provided appropriate information to property owners, prospective investors and builders relating to current and future assessments.
PROPERTY ASSESSOR 01/2003 – 09/2005
Dept of Administration – Middlesex County, Connecticut
- Drafted documents to assist realty buyers and sellers for sale of commercial and residential properties.
- Determined the value of a property by inspecting the building and accurately assessed property taxes to be paid.
- Completed and maintained assessment rolls to show the assessed values and status of all property in a municipality.
ASSESSMENT CLERK 07/2001 – 12/2002
Municipal Assessment Department
New Haven, Connecticut
- Provided assessment information to public and taxpayers and recorded owner names, addresses, and other pertinent data into computer programs.
- Composed letters for the Board of Assessors and prepared Board of Assessors payroll.
- Prepared spreadsheets for exemptions, grievances, Small Claims Assessment Review and certioraris.
- Tracked the movement of Building Permit applications relating to assessment procedures.
Bachelor Degree in Public Administration
University of New Haven
New Haven, CT
1997 – 2000
Diploma in Property Assessment
Gateway Community College
New Haven, CT
1994 – 1996
Active member of Connecticut Association of Assessing Officer (CAAO)
Holds current Connecticut Appraisal License
International Association of Assessing Officer